February 11, 2010

Love Clips for the Cup

Just like I said " Love Clips for the Cup" that's exactly what I made! Andy and I are having a little Valentine's Day Party this year, so I guess in all honestly this is what sparked my motivation for making and creating so many Valentine's Day decor this year.... okay let's face it, I probably would have done this anyway! :)


I wanted to make some kind of clips for everyone to clip onto their cups.


I started with HARD Red & White Felt (not the soft, flimsy kind) I used a cookie cutter to trace the hearts and then cut them out.


Using a hot glue gun ( my secret crush) I glued on a clothes pin to the back of each heart. After learning as I go, be sure to glue the clothes pin closer to the BOTTOM of the hearts, this way you'll have room to hole punch a hole above the clothespin. As you can see below, this is exactly what NOT to do :) The clothespin is way to far up to punch any hole through! :O






I then cut out hearts from plain white and red paper. Side note, I again folded the paper in half and cut free hand hearts ( they will have a slight crease down the middle). On each paper heart I wrote out Love words, if you will :) Not cute, but sexy words instead! After all, this is an adult only party! :)





Lastly, I punched my holes through the felt and paper hearts together and tied a ribbon through the hole to hold the hearts together! Alternate by using red on white and white on red.





1 comment:

Tiffany said...

How cute! Good luck and have fun at your party!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio