February 11, 2010

Large Valentine's Day Banner

Well here it is, Banner 2 of 2 ;) This was a fun banner to make, and I am in love with it!

I started with buying a pack of 10 heart shaped doilies from the Dollar Tree! Yes, the Dollar Tree! I bought a pack of Red and a pack of white.

I used my stencils and drew out the letters, B E M I N E. I then traced the letters onto the hearts, alternating colors.
After that, I cut the letters out, leaving a "window" of the letter. Place the opposite color doilie behind the doilie that has the letter cut out, and glue together (Using a Glue Stick)!

Punch two holes at the top and lace the doilies through. I hung my banner on our family room wall up on the pole. My letters are not moving at all, but I am noticing that the lette "E" is curling inward. I am simply going to glue the edge of that doilie to the ribbion to flatten out!

Whoa Lah!












No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio