December 1, 2009

Christmas Ornaments

These are very easy and very affordable! The best of both worlds if you ask me:)
I started with purchasing the "do it yourself" clear bulbs sold at Michael's, they come in different size packs. I bought the Large ones first, then when I went back to get more, those were sold out so I then bought the small ones. They actually both worked out pretty good, but the large ones are definitely better!
I first poured glitter down the top so it sat pretty at the bottom. Please note that I think the trick is to buy more expensive glitter so the glitter doesn't "stick" to the sides like static!
I then cut my son's picture into circles, I guessed on the size-holding his picture up to the bulb. For his teachers I cute one picture, and on the other side I typed a bible verse and the year in the shape of a circle the same size as the picture.
I cut two different pictures for each of the bulbs. I then placed ribbon in between the two pictures and glued the pictures together leaving a ribbon tail at the TOP. Once the pictures were completely dry, I then rolled the photos and squeezed them through the top, tying the tail of the ribbon around the top after looping around a few times, hot glued the ribbon down and stuck the bulb top back on with hot glue.
Now, its decorating time!! Get crazy, and get creative! I used feathers, and jewels to cover the bulbs!* Don't forget to write the year, somewhere on the bulb! Everybody loved these bulbs!!
!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio